Good Sabbath dear Friends in Yahshua,
In scriptures we don't get very many glimpses of the New Jerusalem,
but Revelation 21 and 22 contain a rich, exact and clear description.
After the final judgement All sinners will have been destroyed in the
lake of fire.
They exist no more.
Yahweh does not cruelly punish them for a long time.
They are simply destroyed in a moment.
1 Corinthians 15:24-28 Then comes the end,
when He [Yahshua] delivers the kingdom to Yahweh the Father,
when He puts an end to all other rule and all authority and power.
For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.
The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
For "He has put all things under His feet."
But when He says, "all things are put under Him," it is evident that
He who put all things under Him is excepted.
Now when all things are made subject to Him,
then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him,
that Yahweh may be all in all.
Those who accept the salvation Yahweh has prepared for us through Yahshua
will then enter the eternal city of Yahweh.
Revelation 21:1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth,
for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away.
Also there was no more sea.
2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of
heaven from Yahweh,
prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying,
"Behold, the tabernacle of Yahweh is with men,
and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people.
Yahweh Himself will be with them and be their Elohim.
4 And Yahweh will wipe away every tear from their eyes;
there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying.
There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
We won't quote the entire two chapters but you will probably want to
a few minutes this Sabbath reading them yourself or with your family.
I did want to comment on 21:16 which describes the size of the city.
Revelation 21:16 The city is laid out as a square; its length is as
great as its breadth.
And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs.
Its length, breadth, and height are equal.
The city is a cube 1400 miles on each side!! That is a lot of room!
I believe Yahweh has a great project for his children to work on together.
I don't know what the project is;
but I believe it will require creativity, wisdom, great faith, hope and great love
from all those who are to be involved.
What an honor and privilege to be selected for this team!
We must try every day to become the kind of person
who can be trusted with great and delicate work.
Most of all, learn to love.
Yahshua said, "In My Father's house are many mansions;
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again and receive you to Myself;
that where I am, there you may be also, John 14:2-3.
This is the place. May we all meet together in that golden city.
Dear friends, may Yahweh bless you with strong, motivating hope on this Sabbath Day.
Tom and Cathy Schattke
Dear Friends in Yahshua,
Time for the annual X-mas message:
I saw the following in someone's Bible. He has it taped in at Luke 2.
Now I have one in my Bible too. It helps me to remember how we know when our Savior was actually born.
WHEN WAS YAHSHUA BORN?
We can determine the approximate date of the Savior's birth by figuring out when John the Baptist was born.
Worship at the time centered around the temple at Jerusalem,
where the priests were divided into twenty-four 'courses' by families
which were required to perform duties for one week twice in the year.
This was begun in 1 Chronicles 24:1-18 (the first four courses had three times per year).
John's father, Zacharias, was from the family of Abiyah (Luke 1:5)
and their turn was in the eighth week of the year, 1 Chronicles 24:10.
Beginning the count from the beginning of the year around the beginning
and adding the eight weeks to bring us to Zacharias' course we come to early June.
At this time while Zacharias served in the temple
the angel of Yahweh told him he would be the father of a son, Luke 1:13.
When his duties were finished he went home (vs 23) and his wife Elizabeth conceived (vs 24).
This was about the middle or end of June.
Moving forward the nine months of gestation we find that John was therefore
born in March.
In Luke 1:36 the angel tells Miriam (Mary) that John will be six months older than her child Yahshua.
Six months after March brings us to September.
Since the scriptural months may only begin at the time of a new moon
these dates may all be shifted by a few weeks either way.
This agrees with Luke 2:8 where we see shepherds staying in the fields
with their flocks at night.
They did not do that in the winter months such as December.
Ecclesiastes 7:1 A good name is better than precious ointment, and the day of death than the day of one's birth;
How GREAT A NAME is the name of our savior Yahshua (Acts 4:12)
and how we remember with such emotion the Passover, the day of his death.
The day of his birth was indeed a great day but we are not told to remember it
as we are told to remember the day of his death.
1 Corinthians 11:24-26 and when He had given thanks, He broke it
"Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."
In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying,
"This cup is the new covenant in My blood.
This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."
For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup,
you proclaim the Master's death till He comes.
May Yahweh bless your family with meekness and love on this Sabbath Day.
Tom and Cathy Schattke
Dear Friends in Yahshua,
Good Sabbath! We have a little game for you this Sabbath:
The whole New Testament draws heavily on the Old Testament. The Messiah
Himself quoted the
Old Testament a great deal. Below are places where Yahshua or the writers of the Evangels quoted the book of Psalms.
After the list are the references to Psalms.
See if you can match any of the references without looking.
Then check the Psalms to see which ones actually match.
This could be a good family activity.
If anyone can get several of them without looking I'd like to hear about that.
I certainly couldn't; but I know them a little better now than I did.
1. Luke 1:49 For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy is His name.
2.. Luke 1:50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him From generation to generation.
3. Luke 4:10 "For it is written: 'He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you,'
4. Luke 4:11 "and, 'In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.'"
5. Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.
6. Matthew 5:35 "nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
7. Matthew 7:23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
8. Matthew 13:35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."
9. John 2:17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up."
10. John 6:31 "Our fathers ate the manna in the desert; as it is written, 'He gave them bread from heaven to eat.'"
11. John 10:34 Yahshua answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, "You are elohim"'?
12. Matthew 21:9 Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: "Hosanna to the Son of David! 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of Yahweh!' Hosanna in the highest!"
=Matthew 23:39 "for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of Yahweh!'"
=Mark 11:9 Then those who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: "Hosanna! 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of Yahweh!'
=Luke 13:35 "See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of Yahweh!'"
=Luke 19:38 saying: " 'Blessed is the King who comes in the name of Yahweh!' Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"
=John 12:13 took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out: "Hosanna! 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of Yahweh!' The King of Israel!"
13. Matthew 21:15 But when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that He did, and the children crying out in the temple and saying, "Hosanna to the Son of David!" they were indignant
14. Matthew 21:16 and said to Him, "Do You hear what these are saying?" And Yahshua said to them, "Yes. Have you never read, 'Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have perfected praise'?"
15. John 13:18 "I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, 'He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.'
16. John 15:25 "But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, 'They hated Me without a cause.'
17. Luke 20:17 Then He looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written: 'The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone'?
=Matthew 21:42 Yahshua said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: 'The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was Yahweh's doing; It is marvelous in our eyes.
18. Mark 12:11 This was Yahweh's doing, And it is marvelous in our eyes'?"
19. Matthew 22:44 ' Yahweh said to my Sovereign, "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool"'?
=Mark 12:36 "For David himself said by the Holy Spirit: ' Yahweh said to my Sovereign, "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool."'
=Mark 14:62 Yahshua said, "I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right handof the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven."
=Mark 16:19 So then, after the Master had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of Elohim.
=Luke 20:42 "Now David himself said in the Book of Psalms: ' Yahweh said to my Sovereign, "Sit at My right hand,
=Luke 20:43 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool."'
=Luke 22:69 "Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of Yahweh."
20. Matthew 27:39 And those who passed by blasphemed Him, wagging their heads
21. Matthew 27:43 "He trusted in Yahweh; let Him deliver Him now if He will have Him;for He said, 'I am the Son of Elohim.'"
22. Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Yahshua cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My Elohim, My Elohim, why have You forsaken Me?"
=Mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Yahshua cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My Elohim, My Elohim, why have You forsaken Me?"
23. Matthew 27:48 Immediately one of them ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine and put it on a reed, and offered it to Him to drink.
=Mark 15:36 Then someone ran and filled a sponge full of sour wine, put it on a reed, and offered it to Him to drink, saying, "Let Him alone; let us see if Elijah will come to take Him down."
=Luke 23:36 The soldiers also mocked Him, coming and offering Him sour wine,
24. Luke 23:34 Then Yahshua said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." And they divided His garments and cast lots.
=John 19:24 They said therefore among themselves, "Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be," that the Scripture might be fulfilled which says: "They divided My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots." Therefore the soldiers did these things.
25. Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, "Father, 'into Your hands I commit My spirit.' " Having said this, He breathed His last.
26. John 19:36 For these things were done that the Scripture should be fulfilled, "Not one of His bones shall be broken."
The Psalm References. Assign a letter for each number.
A. Psalms 6:8
B. Psalms 8:2
C. Psalms 22:1
D. Psalms 22:7
E. Psalms 22:8
F. Psalms 22:18
G. Psalms 31:5
H. Psalms 34:20
I. Psalms 35:19=Psalms 69:4
J. Psalms 37:11
K. Psalms 41:9
L. Psalms 48:2
M. Psalms 69:9
N. Psalms 69:21
O. Psalms 78:2
P. Psalms 78:24
Q. Psalms 82:6
R. Psalms 91:11
S. Psalms 91:12
T. Psalms 103:17
U. Psalms 110:1
V. Psalms 111:9
W. Psalms 118:22
X. Psalms 118:23
Y. Psalms 118:25
Z. Psalms 118:26
Friends, may Yahweh bless you with meekness on this Sabbath Day. :)
Tom and Cathy Schattke
Dear Friends in Yahshua,
Man is the only animal that walks and stands completely upright.
Man has a stature that is not quite shared by even the most impressive gorillas. To stand!
When a man or woman stands they are at their best.
Properly balanced, erect, upright.
We stand when we do the most important things in life.
When we make solemn statements, when we receive an honor, when we want to do or look our best.
On the other hand a person is not standing when things are not going
well with them.
Think about a person cowering, crouching, kneeling, wallowing, shrinking, or groveling.
The ultimate is death. We see many times in scripture the word stand being used as a euphemism for being alive.
Another use we see in scripture is the concept of 'standing fast'.
We get the picture of a line of warriors standing immovable against the forces of the enemy.
2 Thessalonians 2:15 Brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which
you were taught,
whether by word or by our epistle.
Of course there is a time for humility and service to others.
They say a man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child.
But man was created to stand!
The word 'stand' makes a great word study in the scriptures.
There are dozens of strong, encouraging verses to build up our faith.
Exodus 14:13 And Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid.
Stand still, and see the salvation of Yahweh, which He will accomplish for you today.
For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever.
1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.
Luke 21:36 "Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted
to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."
Malachi 3:1 "Behold, I send My messenger, And he will prepare the way
And the Sovereign, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple.
Even the Messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight. Behold, He is coming," Says Yahweh of hosts.
2 But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He
For He is like a refiner's fire And like launderer's soap.
Ephesians 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against
against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,
against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of Yahweh,
that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which the Messiah
has made us free,
and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge another's servant?
To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand,
for Yahweh is able to make him stand.
1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to Yahweh,
who gives us the victory through our Master Yahshua the Messiah.
Friends, may Yahweh bless you with the great faithfulness on this Sabbath Day.
Tom and Cathy Schattke
page created 1-17-99
rev 11-2001, 3-06